Hi there! It’s me, Dana. I want to get to know YOU! I know this is a little different so I’ll go first!
What I do. Where I live. Basic things, ya know?
- I currently reside in Austin, TX and moved here from Long Island, NY.
- I’m married to my favorite guy, Jeff.
- I got married in 2015 and was given the chance to pick any wedding dress I want in exchange for writing and blogging for David Tutera.
- We have two sweet pups, Autumn + Sparrow.
- I’m the co-owner of a Creative Agency called Dotted8 LLC. Surprise! We’re a husband-wife-owned business 🙂
- I love home renovations so much that we purchased, renovated and sold (flipped) our first home in 2018. We’re now in our second home and completely renovating this one.
- I blog here.
A little more on me…
- I was born in La Ceiba, Honduras.
- I lived on this Caribbean island for several years and I’m still not a good swimmer (You win some, you lose some, ya know? Can’t have it all).
- I moved to the US in 2000.
- I have moved around just about once a year, every year since being born.
- I’m fluent in Spanish. I know some Portuguese (I can understand it more than speak it). I also know a few words and phrases in Urdu and Malayalam.
- I have three siblings, with me being the eldest.
- I have an additional three “siblings” that I found out about as an adult. If you’re interested, I’m more than happy to share about that with you!
- Growing up, I wanted to be a Meteorologist, Teacher, Private Investigator and Flight Attendant.
- Organizing and cleaning are therapeutic to me.
- I dislike Cockroaches, Centipedes, and large Spiders.
- I love creating and working with my hands.
- I like the smell of matches
- I enjoy watercoloring, crocheting and feeding my Fiddle Leaf Fig tree.
- I really enjoy analyzing and deconstructing processes.
- Research and learning make my wings flutter.
- Sometimes I watch TV; I really like documentaries, cooking/food shows, and science/nature shows.
- I’m not very good at keeping up with politics and/or “pop culture”.
- Baby goats make my heart happy.
- I play the piano, guitar and I also sing.
- I don’t have a favorite color.
YOUR TURN! Let’s be friends.
Send me a quick note about yourself OR you can copy/paste the following questions into your message below!
- Where were you born?
- Do you have any siblings?
- How old are you?
- What city do you currently live in?
- Do you have any pet peeves?
- Do you have any pets? Are they named Peeves? Ha! (you can unfollow me now)
- What did you want to be growing up?
- What’s your favorite thing about yourself?
- What did you last eat?
- What is something you’re trying to accomplish this year?